Follow us on Twitter @echofactory
Twitter’s been around for over six years now but a lot of companies (and people) are still clueless when it comes to tweeting. But, with over 100 million active users out there, a Twitter account is rapidly becoming one of the best ways to reach existing and potential customers.
So, if you’ve just created a Twitter account for your company or are thinking about it, here are five things to think about.
1. Create a Twitter Strategy. Before you start tweeting, you need to figure out your Twitter goals. Do you want to provide customer support? Sell your products/services? Or, talk about what’s happening at your company? Each of these strategies can be very effective at building goodwill for your brand, as long as you pick one and stick with it.
2. Make Tweets Relevant. If you’re using Twitter to promote your brand, make sure your tweets relate to what your company does. People will follow you because they assume you’re the expert about your company and you can give them information they can’t find anywhere else. So, give the people what they want – provide updates about your company, share industry news, give helpful tips, and promote company contests and events.
3. Retweet with Context. Retweeting is a great way to share interesting tweets from other people. But, if you choose to retweet, make sure you add a few words explaining why you find the tweet interesting or how it applies to your company.
4. Stay Active. Life on Twitter happens fast. When people ask you questions or make comments, you need to be able to react quickly. Before you start tweeting, make sure you have the resources to manage your account and update it daily.
5. Get Followers Organically. Don’t try to convert people to Twitter. Use it to reach out to existing and potential customers who enjoy communicating through Twitter. Then, give these people an incentive to follow you. For example, JetBlue tweets last minute flight deals so followers can take advantage of these deals before anyone else. Whatever you decide to offer, just make sure it’s something your followers will find valuable.
When it comes to Twitter, the ultimate goal for any company is to make sure your tweets have information people don’t want to miss. Tweet useful information and you’ll have followers for life.