1. Did you know if you play Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon you can get to Mussolini in three degrees? Yep, Mussolini was in this movie called The Eternal City with Joan Bennett, who was in House of Dark Shadows with Dennis Patrick, who was in The Air Up There with Kevin Bacon. Here’s another mind-boggling fact about degrees of separation: http://gizmodo.com/5985088/the-internets-kevin-bacon-effect-any-web-page-can-be-accessed-from-any-other-in-just-19-clicks?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_twitter&utm_source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
2. We listen to music here all day long, and the sound is pretty eclectic. Most of it comes off our desktops, but that’s because we didn’t have access to any of these yet. http://mylifescoop.com/2013/02/27/9-awesome-acoustic-iphone-amps/
3. We love our energy efficiency clients. Not just because they’re our clients, but because we’ve learned a whole lot of important information about the environment, and we like to think our work has helped them do some good. That being said, this is inspiring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AifWSmxBncc. High fives all around for these engineers.
4. We could have a long conversation about ebooks versus regular books, the pros of Internet research versus the lack of creditability available… Honestly, it could go on for hours. However, there is no arguing that New York Public Library getting more people to read on the subway is awesome no matter how you cut it. http://vimeo.com/58161297 Plus their website is really great too. http://undergroundnewyorkpubliclibrary.com/
5. Finally, Oreo has gotten a lot of buzz lately for fan inspired Oreo Separators. It’s great engagement marketing, and pretty entertaining. They’ve got three now, and we want to know, which is your favorite?
Toy Scientist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w485VU-S0Ig (This one has our vote!)
Conceptual Artist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryas71YWsx4
Pass the milk please.