At the office, Denise is known for her sharp wit and trendsetting fashion sense. Read on to see what it’s like to be a designer at Echo-Factory.
Jack White (Denise’s idol)
1. How long have you been at Echo-Factory?
Since May 2008
2. Did you always want to be a designer?
Nope. When I was really little, I wanted to be an animator for Disney. But, I kind of grew out of that and went to college for film. I’m not sure what happened. Where am I? How’d I get here?
3. What do you like most about being a designer? What do you like least?
I like having creative time every day; it’s amazing getting to be a paid artist. I know I’m blessed to be able to make a living at this.
I don’t like it when creativity is stifled by a picky client.
4. What are your strengths design-wise?
Um…ummm…ummm…I don’t know about it being a strength, but I enjoy brainstorming. (Side note: Don’t let Denise’s modesty fool you, she’s freaking awesome at coming up with good ideas.)
5. When you’re having trouble coming up with concepts, where do you go for inspiration?
6. You’re into film. Name some of your favorites.
I hate it when people ask me this. I like all kinds of movies including stupid cheesy chick flicks but I feel like I should say Fellini’s 8 1/2 but I kind of want to say The Devil Wears Prada. It makes me so happy every time.
7. If you could create a design for any company, who would it be?
Anthropologie would be fun to work for. I love everything about them and their brand.
8. Who are your favorite designers?
I really like old school 60s designers.
9. Do you have any designer pet peeves, i.e. a font you hate, not enough white space, etc. ?
Sorry, copywriters, but I hate too much copy. Must we explain everything to death? Must we? It looks terrible.
10. What’s your favorite dessert?
I’m kind of really excited about Hello Kitty at Yogurtland. The salted caramel is delish.